Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Review: Get in the Car, Jupiter


Synopsis:
WANTED FOR ARSON. CATFISHED AT SANTA'S. ROBBED AT THE FALLS. SHAKESPEARE OR DIE. DRIVER PICKS TUNES.
I'm weird. This isn't news to me or anything. I have lived in a UFO my entire life. This wasn't a coincidence. My parents believe in extraterrestrial life. You know, phone home and all that crap, and they dragged my sister Mercury and I into their mess when they named us what they named us. So it wasn't a surprise, when after getting accepted to UW and expressing my desire to actually attend, they lamented that college is "just another ploy for the government to keep tabs on you, man." In other words, we won't be helping you out, Jupiter. That's fine, though, because my best friend Frankie and I can be pretty clever chicks when we want to be. We found a way up there and it was in the form of a longtime crush, his equally cute cousin, and a kickin' set of wheels. Buckle up, Buttercup, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
 
Review:
Get in the Car, Jupiter by Fisher Amelie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Crazy fun book. It takes a talented author to write something so weird yet awesome!!! I'm pretty sure Ezra wanted Jupiter to get in the car lol. The blurb made absolutely no sense, which made me all the more intrigued.
And Jupiter? Really quirky, pretty brave, full of life, and romantic chickenshit. Did I mention she has a sister named Mercury and her family lives in a UFO?? Yup!
Then there is Ezra. Super popular, had a loving girlfriend, in sports, and a regular high school stereotype. Then there was an incident. Ezra becomes broken, moody, quiet, and hermit. He's prideful, stubborn, confused, and afraid of girls.
Thanks to happenstance, these two are tossed together with Ezra's meddling cousin across the country on a road trip. Did I mention road trips rock? Yup!
I definitely don't want to give anything imperative away, so bottom line: read this damn book. You won't be sorry and will be saying 'get in the car Jupiter' for a long time to come because, yeah it's so strange, it's memorable. Ten glittery stars, but I'm only allowed to give it a realistic five glittery stars. Kudos to Amelie and a new author for me to indulge in.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment