Monday, December 14, 2015

Review of The Ascension of Laney by Kris Hack


I loved him at fifteen. I thought we’d stand the test of time. He was my forever but maybe I fell too fast or loved him too much. Maybe I came on too strong or maybe I did something wrong. He still left. Turned his back on me without a word. I never thought I’d see him again and to be honest, I didn’t want to. I began to hate him even though he would never know it. But then, I did see him again and with him came the secrets that would forever change all of our lives. 


She was only a recurring dream in my foggy subconscious. A voice. A face. We weren’t supposed to dream. We weren’t supposed to remember. They said it was impossible and the before would never come into the now. None of the others remember, at least not that I know of. What I do know is that she was my everything, my every waking breath. Now that I’ve found her I will not be losing her a second time. She will be mine again, no matter what the cost.


Review:

This was a great read! It sounded good from the description and I was excited to get time to read it.
I adore Laney! She's so innocent and has a good soul. Even holding on to the massive grudge and hurt, she was still a smart and moral girl. She's kick ass and I love that about her!
Then there is Kass! I couldn't help but feel for him. What a great guy! I understood his pain and the unfortunate position he was in.
I even loved the secondary characters. Ryan was a good friend. Miguel was also a good friend. He was tired though. The way these characters unfolded in the story makes me want to find out more about them!
Overall, I loved this book! It's worth five glittery stars for being a great new adult paranormal romance read!


Add to Goodreads
Buy on Amazon



Coming November 17, 2015



Add to Goodreads
Pre-order on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment