Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sunday Swoon #8


Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!


This week I picked The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn.

Okay, so I know this book is an adult romantic comedy, but I HAD to share. This book is totally crude, hilarious, naive and unrealistic. BUT, it was a really fun read. I left out some of the more inappropriate quotes, but trust me, there were plenty of them. 


Blurb

Her bosom heaved at an alarming rate as his rough hand found its way down to her soft, yet wiry briar patch...

Can you say briar patch in a romance novel? What about meat sword? That’s what it is…a meat sword, right, all meaty and sword like, slaying through the inner dungeons of a woman’s dark desires. What about breasts? Do bosoms really heave?

God, I have no idea what happens when private parts touch. 

I’m a virgin trying to write a romance novel and can’t seem to write past a sex scene thanks to my lack of experience.  

My two best friends encourage me to drop the pen for a while and gain some real life practice through multiple dating facets such as blind dates, online profiles, and random hookups.

But losing my virginity is proving to be tougher than expected…


Teasers

1. “I also just love the idea of making my own love story, making two people fall in love who've been living through such different circumstanes. It's all about the find when it comes to love, the moment when you meet the one person in your life you can't possibly live without, that was what intrigued me.” 


2. “People are idiots in real life, and don’t see what’s sitting in front of them until they lose it. Life really isn’t a bunch of sunshine and rainbows. Nope, people make mistakes, they can’t see past their noses to find that the one man that has been a constant in their life was actually made for them.” 


3. “Isn’t that how all romantics are, give love a chance? That was the sole basis of every romance novel out there; give love a chance.” 


4. “There is a whole community out there who loves love, who loves romance, and I’m one of them. It’s a world I love living in, where there are happily ever afters, the odd girl gets the good looking guy, and where chivalry isn’t lost. I know it can’t all be true, that life isn’t as grand as some novels make it out to be, but I still love every single story because it’s an escape from reality, a moment in time where you can daydream of the impossible, where there is a chance of watching true love unfold right in front of you.” 


5. “No friend of mine is going to date someone who listens to Nickelback. No way in hell.” 


6. “You're living through your characters when you need to be living in real life.” 




To read my review of The Virgin 

Romance Novelist, click here.




What are you reading?

What book do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment