Monday, June 15, 2015

Review of Soul Mates: Scent by Elizabeth A. Lance

When the girl of his dreams walks into his homeroom class one October morning, Max Fergus, a seventeen year old quarterback and star student, has his world turned upside down; everything he has ever thought about himself and his life is changed in that instant and nothing will ever be the same again, because once you know you aren't human, there's no going back, no pretending you are less than you are.

Anna Lissa Felidae, a pure blooded shifter has been searching for her soul mate, the one guy that was meant for her, and just when she is sure she is about to run out of time, Diana, goddess of the hunt, appears to her and sends her in the right direction. With another shifter on her trail, one who is determined to have her no matter what the cost, Anna has just three short weeks to convince Max he is a pure blooded shifter, among other things, and teach him to fight so they can be together. With the help of a few Fae friends, a motley crew of shifters and Max's best friend Tony, they are sure to win.

Review:

I picked up this book because I loved the blurb. It sounded like exactly something I would read. I'm a huge fan of shifters, mates, and some supernatural intrigue!

The storyline was really good. It had a lot of twists and surprises along the way. There were a few elements that were told early on, and I just waited for them to come to fruition at some point in the book.

The characters were great. I actually liked that Anna Lissa spoke intermittent French throughout. It gave her a unique personality that really helped to build her character. Max was also an interesting character. The author kept throwing surprises about Max all through the story and I liked that he wasn't predictable.

The author also did a good job creating unique supporting characters. They all had strong personalities, but were all very different. I really enjoyed the way they resolved the conflict with the antagonist. When all the shocking truths came to light, there were hard decisions the main characters had to make.

(My only three issues with this book were (for me, not for most people) : 1. the POV is told completely from Max. I don't enjoy the guy' sPOV in most books. 2. I wish she translated a little more of the french Anna Lissa spoke. 3. The next book in the series is told from another male character's POV, and it's a new couple. I personally like the characters I grew to love continue the story on to the next book.)

I loved how the family issues resolve and the bonds that are created with the characters. Overall, this story gets four glittery stars for being a great read!




Add to Goodreads

Purchase on Amazon!




No comments:

Post a Comment