Thursday, June 18, 2015

21 Things- Let's Discuss

21 Things Only Women Obsessed With Reading Will Understand

When you finish the best book of all time and you need something equally good immediately.




1. That horrible feeling when you get to where 
you're going and you have to put your book down. 

Upside: Even the worst commutes 

are now exciting. 

(I get sad when my husband stops the car 
and I have to put my kindle away. 
OR, I get sad when I reach my destination 
and have to shut my audiobook off at the good parts.)
2. When a great book is over and you're like, 
"I don't even know what to do with my life now." 
The last time I finished a book I loved I felt like, 
I can't just go back to living my life 

without reading this book 
but I don't want to re-read it just yet. Dilemma!

(Who wants to go on with real life, 
when you can read another book. Right?)



3. Trying to find other books as 
great as the book you just read 
but you just can't do it. 
I usually end up on Amazon for, like, 

15 hours trying to find out why they claim 
I'll like this book if I loved the book 

I'm crazy-sad I already finished. 
It's like having someone recommend 

a new best friend. I need reasons.

(This is why, I have favorite authors that I auto-read.
And, with almost 3k books in my Kindle library,
it does take me forever to settle on one.)



4. Crying in public when you read something 
sad on the train/bus/plane. 
Oh, you people think I'm reading something 

that reminded me of something sad? 
Oh no. I'm just reading about this part where 
her mom dies and she ... [sniff] ... 

and it's, like ... so sad.

(Oh yeah! When I always listened to
audiobooks at work, I had to take 
bathroom breaks just so nobody would see!)


5. When the movie version is 
about to come out and you still haven't 
read the book version 
and you're so ashamed of yourself. 
*Races to finish Gone Girl 

before the movie comes out 
so I can decide whether or not 

it lived up to the original.*

(This is what happened to me with
the Divergent Series
and The Maze Runner Series!
I did read Gone Girl, though!)


6. Your Goodreads list is out of control. 
Between the books you've read 

and the books you want to read, 
it's a list no one could possibly 

get through in one day. 

(I'm telling you, OUT OF CONTROL!
There are almost 1,200 want to read books
on there and I haven't even 
added some of them!)



7. Having something to do when 
your late friend is late because 
you always have a book on hand. 
I am still judging your lack of consideration 

for me but also I have a book and it is great. 

Take your time.

(I'm never impatient with a book in my hand.
I subscribe to this method of waiting.)


8. People want to borrow books you've 
had signed and you don't want to loan 
them out so you feel like an asshole. 
It's just, it's a collectors iteeeemmmmm. 

(I stand firm on this point. They are my
precious's. You may not touch, 
and for that matter,
don't even look at them.
Otherwise you might be tempted
to pick one up!)




9. When you start a book that is part 
of a series, even if it's only three books, 
you feel like you have to read all of them. 
Even if I don't like the books that much, 

I just feel like I need to complete it 
to feel OK as a person in general. 

(I am holding out on a Jessica Sorensen series,
because I don't want to wait for the ending!)

(Don't judge me!!!)

10. When you're on the beach and 
the battery on your tablet starts to die 
and you do not have a nearby outlet 
because you're in nature. 
This is so real. 

(I have learned to embrace the invention
that is a backup battery.)



11. If you read a lot on a phone or tablet, 
getting interrupted by your friends 
who don't know You Are Reading 
A Really Important Book Right Now Bye. 

(I have a real problem with this, not necessarily
my friends, but husband, family and almost 
always when I go to the doctor's office etc.)


12. You're that person who's walking while 
reading  just like Belle 
because you cannot put your book down. 
This is me constantly. 

(I've tripped a few too many times
due to this reason!)


13. Sneaking away from your desk 
to the coffee shop for 20 minutes 
just so you can read during the day. 
"Coffee? Oh no, I just came here 

for some silent reading."

(Well, coffee is a must, so I disagree there,
but I would totally do this before I got a job
where I could listen to audiobooks all day!)



14. Not being able to pack as many shoes 
as you want on a long vacation because 
your suitcase has at least five books in it. 
If you need to resort to using books as shoes 

at some point, eh, so be it. 

(This is a true story.
My last convention, I got a ton of signed books.
They are my pretties, but a pain in the ass
to haul in your suitcase!)


15. When you're really into a 
Very Heavy Book 
and your shoulder is killing you 
from carrying it in your purse. 
Worth it. 

(This used to be a big issue for me, 
but I've adapted to the digital age and 
now have almost 3,000 books 
in my Kindle library!)




16. When you desperately need a 
sick day 
because your book made you sad. 
"I'm going through something 

very personal right now. 
You wouldn't understand it 

unless you've read 

Where The Red Fern Grows."

(I blame Molly McAdams for this a lot!
The problem is that her books
are sooo good!)


17. When your friend Beth totally spoils 
the ending of the book you just started. 
What the shit, Beth?

(Grrr....This is the worst!
Facebook ruined the Divergent trilogy for me
THIS exact way!)


18. Reading a really addictive book and 
not knowing anyone else who's 
read it or is reading it so you have 
no one to discuss it with. 
What is the point of having friends 
if you guys aren't going to mirror my actions?

(ALL THE TIME!!!! This is especially bad,
when it is epic and you want to share
with the world!
That's why I have a blog...lol.)


19. When you lend someone a book 
you love, 
and they ruin or don't give it back. 
And now when people ask me why 

our friendship ended, 
I have to say, "Because of a book?" 

Thanks a lot.

(I've still never forgiven my best-friend
for never giving me back 
The Gunslinger by Stephen King
in eighth grade!)



20. The joy of re-reading a book 
for the millionth time and 
still noticing a new detail. 
What? Her sweater was red 

when she went to the hospital? 
Oh my god, how did I miss that?

(Do you re-read books?
I will admit to a few favorites
I can always re-read.)


21. Having very serious discussions 
with your friends about what age 
you'll introduce your future children 
to Harry Potter. 
The correct answer, of course, 

being age immediately.

(Harry Potter is a staple in our society!
Who wouldn't agree with this statement???)


No comments:

Post a Comment