Thursday, April 23, 2015

Review of Blood and Bone by Tara Brown

Listen, listen to the wind and stone.
Listen, listen to the sounds of old.
Listen, listen as my hopes are drowned.
Listen, listen to the sounds that bullets make of blood and bones.
Where will you run today?
How will you ever get away?”

This is NOT a romance. This is a ride.

Blood and Bone

The hollow sound of a casing hitting the floor.
The clicking of heels walking in a misty alley.
The ability to tie a cherry stem with her tongue.
A haunting song no one else knows.
That's all that's left of Jane's memories.

What would you do if the life you lived was a lie, and everyone knew but you?
Where do you run when there is no one on your side?
Jane discovers that deep inside her mind there is a map.
What she doesn't know is that there is also a man who will do anything to get it.

But what he doesn't know is that Jane hasn't always been honest about the things she remembers.
There are paces inside of Jane that even she doesn't like to go.

What would you do if the secret you kept was the only thing keeping you alive?

But keeping it meant someone else had to die.

Don't miss out on the new dark read by Tara Brown!



Review:

WOW! Just wow! Tara Brown blew me away with this thriller! The suspense had me on flipping the pages until the very last one! Even then, I was hungry for more.

This was an incredibly well written book. The mystery, suspense, romance all blended together seamlessly. I had no clue what was going to happen, it was totally unpredictable.

Everyone was a suspect, no person or place was safe. The main character had many layers that were peeled back throughout the story, unraveling into so much more.

The story tied up nicely and left me satisfied, although it completely blew my mind. There is a sequel, Sin and Swoon. It is available for pre-order and I can't wait to read it. I have this need to know more.

As a whole, this story was unlike anything I've read in such a long time. I'm glad Netgalley gave me the opportunity to review it. I have to give this book five glittery stars because it's amazing.

After reading the book, I'm still unraveling things in my head. This story has that wow factor I always look for in a good book. Highly recommend for New Adults and Adults.


Add to Goodreads

Buy on Amazon


Book 2- Sin and Swoon is available for Pre-Order on Amazon


Expected publication: August 11th 2015

Pre-order on Amazon

Not even the warning label on the experimental project could have prepared Jane Spears for the nightmare she would walk into when the Ashley Potter case landed in her lap. Deep inside the victim’s mind, Jane finds clues hinting at the worst crimes she has ever come upon. But the bread crumbs don’t lead anywhere, and in the waking light Jane discovers nothing is as she believed. The conspiracy goes deeper than she can reveal, and the crimes are too hideous to leave unsolved. But can she stop it all in time, or will she be sucked in—trapped by the deranged mastermind?


No comments:

Post a Comment