Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review of The Replaced by Kimberly Derting

Romantic and action-packed, The Replaced is the gripping second installment in the Taking trilogy.

Kyra hasn't been the same since she returned from her mysterious five-year disappearance. Now, on the run from the NSA, Kyra is forced to hide out with others who, like her, have been Returned. Yet she is determined to find Tyler, the boy she loves who was also abducted—all because of her. When her group intercepts a message that Tyler might still be alive but is in the hands of a shadowy government organization that experiments on the Returned, Kyra knows it's a risk to go after him. What if it's a trap? And worse, what if the returned Tyler isn't the same boy she lost?

Perfect for fans of The Fifth Wave and the Body Finder series, The Replaced is both chilling and explosive, with creepy, otherworldly elements and twisty, psychological thrills that will have you questioning what exactly it means to be human. 

 

Expected publication: April 28th 2015 by HarperTeen


 Review:


Kudos to this author for putting out yet another engaging read! I read the first book and was immediately hooked. The end left me craving more and I was so excited when I got my hands on the sequel. 

It was equally as good and I LOVED it! Now I am pouting as I wait for the next book to come out so I can find out what happens to the characters that I have emotionally invested in. 

This review would have been longer, but I didn't want to give any of it's awesomeness away! Pick up the first book, The Taking and you'll see what I mean! This installment in the series gets five glittery stars for it's supreme storyline!




Add to Goodreads


Pre-Order from Amazon

 

 

Book 1: The Taking

 

A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing.

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day.

Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men.

Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?

Review:

I was so lucky to get my hands on this book. It was fantastic and I'm already dying for more. The story was well written and kept my attention. The writing was smooth and I loved all the plot twists. 
The romance was perfect. I wanted to swoon, myself. The main guy, Tyler was drool-worthy. He was the perfect guy and made me wish all men were that awesome!
On the supernatural side, this was by far the best alien story I've read. It's going to be an awesome trilogy. There were so many things she tied together in the end, yet so much left open.
I highly recommend this book and can't wait for April when you all get a chance to read it. The Taking gets five glittery stars for it's wow factor!




No comments:

Post a Comment