Saturday, January 18, 2014

Teaser Sunday #11

Welcome to teaser Sunday!!! Each week, I will post a teaser from one of my current releases or a work in progress. Stay tuned and enjoy!


This is an unedited snippet from my current work in progress: Distance



I had my eyes closed and was taking calming breaths when I felt someone sit down next to me. Thank god, Elena had found me and we could go home. I leaned into them and an unfamiliar scent flooded my senses. This person smelled like the forest after the rain, clean and wonderful.

Quickly, I pulled myself away and opened my eyes in alarm. I wasn’t prepared for what I found. A guy about my age was sitting next to me. His brown hair was messy and his green eyes were watching me with curiosity. I could see the planes of his fit body through his thin black shirt. He was beyond gorgeous. It was too bad I had sworn off guys. This guy was a god among men.

My thoughts jumped back to reality and I looked like a deer in the headlights. Who was this guy and why was he sitting here next to me, practically in the dark?

“Don’t worry, I won’t bite. My name’s Mason. I was headed towards the party when I saw you sitting here. You looked so sad, I couldn’t just walk past. I have a complex for damsels in distress,” he said cracking a smile.

His voice was so smoothing, it calmed me instantly. I don’t know why I didn’t just run now. I had no desire to get to know him. I didn’t want to be around guys at all. He was not in my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment