Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review of Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

Description:
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*

Review:
This was an absolute hit by Rachel Van Dyken!! This is the first book of hers I have read and I was impressed. The book was so much more than I expected.

This was a complexly weaved story. The plot thickened and twisted in all the right spots.  I didn't expect the things that happened. I thought it was an extremely original book.

I also liked the characters. I wanted to hate Nixon, but I just couldn't. He was the sexy bad boy, lip ring, tattoos and all.  Monroe was the bubbly sister that took Trace in and treated her with respect.  She was a good friend. Then there was Chase. I still don't know how I feel about him. He's sexy as well, but not the main love interest.

 I was extremely satisfied with how the book tied up.  I'm eager to read the sequel that is coming soon,  Elect. I've got to have more of this expertly crafted world.

My ONLY complaint, was the sneak peek at the back of the book. It kind of said too much and left me a little discouraged. That doesn't mean I'm not craving for book 2. This book gets five glittery stars for its complex storyline and well crafted characters.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment