Friday, June 7, 2013

Review of Piper LeVine: The Path of Betrayal by Eris Kelli


Description:

Piper made a promise, one that holds Baobhans and Gypsies from finishing the war they’ve begun. She must learn the ways of these Scottish Vampires, but is that all they will require of her?

Nicholas of the Gypsies and werewolves loves her but is he strong enough to protect her? His love for her is boundless. There is no creature he would not fight to save her. Is his love powerful enough to save Piper from herself? They are going to find out whether they want to or not.

Everyone must choose on which path of life they will tread. When Piper LeVine looks back at the stones of her path, will they be of honor or betrayal?

Review:

After reading and absolutely loving Piper LeVine: A Gypsy's Truth, I couldn't wait to read this book.  If the sequel was half as good as book one, then I knew I would love it.  
 There were so many twists and turns in this installment of the series.  I loved the direction the author is taking.  She has added so many supernatural elements while keeping the story truly unique.  
The guys, gah!!! I know I'm supposed to love Nicholas, but I'm really team Toryn.  Then there is Sigmund...ugh. The author did a great job making me dislike the poor boy.  The romance in this book was satisfying and heartbreaking at the same time.
I love that Piper is such a martyr.  She cares deeply for all of those around her even if they don't deserve it.  She would sell her soul if it meant keeping them safe.
This is a truly wonderful series that shouldn't be missed.  I'm giving this second installment five glittery stars for being a gripping read!













Description:

Piper LeVine is the daughter of wealthy Senator, Harold and Katrine LeVine or so she thought. When a stranger arrives in the night and throws her identity into question, Piper is forced to uncover secrets of her true origin. The treacherous demons from a past she never knew she had, are coming for her.
Only the Gypsies know how to deal with the monsters of myth, but can she trust them? Nicholas proves less than truthful from the get-go but who else can she hold onto amongst a sea of mystic if not hostile strangers? He is dangerous, captivating, and the only one who she knows will stand toe to toe with the creatures of the dark that seek her. But what will it cost and is it a price she can afford to pay?

In search for the truth Piper will find more than her identity. She will discover her destiny, what she is made of, and the family that determines her fate.

Review:

I really enjoyed this book. It's no secret that I love werewolves, but this book was different. Yes, there were werewolves, but they were more of background characters to the main story. This was an incredibly unique story.
It's rare that I read a book that truly surprises me. This one was one of them. I always go into books with high expectations, but not knowing what to really expect. I picked this story on my kindle and couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the very beginning.
There aren't really many YA paranormal romances that are about gypsy's. This concept was off the beaten path and the paranormal behind it was well conceived. The story shifted midway and I truly saw what the author was building in this book.
Don't even get me started on the romance and the arranged marriage portion of the story. I LOVE a good romance. There was just the right blend of paranormal and romance. I liked the way Nicolas and Pipers story progressed and even enjoyed the dynamic Toryn offered.
This was a refreshing read and I highly recommend picking this one up. I'm going to have to rate it five glittery stars for surprising me and being super creative. Put this one on your to be read lists today!


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment