Monday, April 15, 2013

Sapphire excerpt and review by Devyn Dawson


Description:

Sapphire didn't want to go out, but after some coaxing from her sister, she agreed to go. It was that night, and the days to come that would awaken her sexual desire and her heart.

Parker had never had a girl hold his gaze... most everyone wouldn't dare challenge him that way. She wasn't one of his kind though, she was human and against the rules. He knew her spirit was calling out to his wolf. His wolf was more than ready to answer that call. She was the one... he would kill for her, he would die for her, but would he disobey his alpha for her?

This book is about two adult characters in The Legacy of Kilkenny YA series.

17+ Due to Sexual Situations and Explicit language this book is recommended for adults 17 and over. Adult Contemporary - New Adult Fiction

Review:

I'm a huge fan of werewolf books.  This one did not dissapoint.  I loved the story as well as Devyn's style of writing.  I was hooked from page one and stayed up all night reading it.  Talk about a book hangover :) 

Sapphire was a beautifully written character and I loved her family dynamic as well.  She had such a great relationship with her sister Ruby.  Parker was a decent character, but not as likeable as Sapphire.  I know it was written this way, but god, I hated Tatiana!!!  

I'm a sucker for a good love story and this one didn't disappoint.  True mates are the most awesome part of being a werewolf.  I'm just saying.  There was just the right blend of steamy and romantic in this book.
  
Overall, I loved this story and give it five glittery stars for it's awesomeness.  The story was great and Devyn did such a good job writing it.



Excerpt:

Sapphire


During dinner, I can’t help but admire his good looks and easy spirit.  I dig the way his hair is wavy, and long enough to graze the top of his collar. I love how he uses big words, but not in a way that sounds pretentious.  He has a way of making me feel comfortable.  For reasons unknown to me, it feels as though we've been a couple for a while.  To the outsider, you’d never think we’re on our first date.  He suggests we go downtown to walk through the gardens.  Thankfully, I threw a pair of sandals in my car…there’s no way I could walk around in these stupid heels.  I’ve no idea what I was thinking.  No, I do know what I was thinking….and it would make my mother blush if she knew what a tramp I can be.


I reach across the table to thank Parker for dinner, and assure him I’m fine with him driving.  Before I can register what he’s doing, he lifts my hand to his lips and licks the end of my finger.  He licked me!  I liked it!  My body shrieked and went into full alert the moment his tongue made contact.  Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!  Do it again!  Now.  Take me, here…on the table.  His eyes blaze as I look at him and smile.  My heart is racing and my body gets goose pimples at the memory of the moment.  I’m walking into a web, one which will be hard to escape. 
My eyes divert from his mouth and back to his eyes.  I swear they were glowing with heat.  I wonder if he’s this way on every first date.  What a bunch of idiots to leave this fine man behind to be captured by someone like me.  I wish I hadn’t turned down that glass of wine; I could use a drink about now.  Before we leave, I excuse myself to the ladies room.  I send Ruby a text to tell her I’m safe and it might be a long night.


HE LICKED YOUR FINGER?
He did!
THAT’S WEIRD!
No it isn’t, it was HOT!
WHATEVER - STAY SAFE AND DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
OK <3 phire="">


Ruby cracks me up with her inability to use lower case letters.  Everything  she texts is always in all capitals.  My mom is the same way, who says texting isn’t hereditary?  They’re both technology disabled.
As I exit the restroom, I pass an older man who finds it necessary to gawk as he walks by.  Good thing I’m on a date, or I’d have to tell him how disgusting he is.
“Is everything okay?”  Parker says with concern in his voice.
I smile up at him in reassurance.  “Of course, and I want to thank you for bringing me here.  The food and atmosphere are amazing.  The company isn’t bad either,” I say and give him a little grin.
He holds the door open and my body brushes up against him as I scoot past.  If I didn’t know better, I would have sworn I heard him growl.  



Bio:




Devyn Dawson is the author of the Amazon best selling young adult series, The Light Tamer Trilogy, The Legacy of Kilkenny Series, and new adult book Sapphire, A Werewolf Love Story. Her career has included working for Fortune 500 companies, grave decorating, and accounting. She enjoys spending her spare time riding on the back of her husband's motorcycle to the beautiful North Carolina beaches, or cuddling her new granddaughters.  Devyn has many hidden talents, one of them is turning a marshmallow inside out.   


Devyn lives in New Bern, North Carolina (about 2 miles from Nicholas Sparks)with her husband of twenty years, two cats, three dogs, and two cockatiels (3 of her pets are named after vampires, Klaus, Bella, and LeStat).


Stalking info 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment