Saturday, April 13, 2013

Review of My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper

Description:

A brand-new novel in an original eBook series from popular romance author Molly Harper! When Sadie & Josh compete for the same Kentucky Tourism Commission job, sparks fly—turns out Kentucky really is for lovers.

Sadie Hutchins loves her job at the Kentucky Tourism Commission. Not only could her co-workers double as the cast of Parks & Recreation, but she loves finding the unusual sites, hidden gems, and just-plain-odd tourist attractions of her home state. She’s a shoo-in for the director’s job when her boss retires at the end of the year…until hotshot Josh Vaughn shows up to challenge her for the position.

Josh is all sophisticated polish while Sadie’s country comfort, and the two have very different ideas of what makes a good campaign. So when their boss pits them against each other in a winner-takes-all contest, they’re both willing to fight dirty if it means getting what they want. But it turns out, what Josh and Sadie want could be each other—and Josh’s kisses are the best Kentucky attraction Sadie’s found yet!


Review:

First, let me start by saying that I'm a HUGE Molly Harper fan.  I have loved, loved, loved every book I've ever read by her.  I was super excited to read My Bluegrass Baby.

My excitement for this book was short lived.  Even though the style was great and it was well written, it lacked.  Honestly, it was a little boring and only got good towards the end.  There wasn't much romance involved and who wants to read about just Kentucky?

That being said, the romance that was there was enjoyable.  The author made Josh Vaughn absolutely irresistible in my mind.  Who wouldn't want a sexy, vulnerable man with a good work ethic?  After he spilled his past with Sadie, I loved him so much more and could feel for his situation. 

The book had humorous parts and I chuckled a few times.  I wished there was more of this, since Molly Harper is so good at inserting comedy into her romances. 

I'm glad I read My Bluegrass Baby.  If you can get into the love affair with Kentucky, then this light romance is for you.  I give this book three glittery stars.  It just falls short of Molly Harper's other works, but was still a good read.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment