Monday, April 22, 2013

Indie-licious blog hop #9

We here at Indie-Licious love blog hops. We love them so much that we host one once a week on Sundays.

Sign ups are from 6:00 pm Tuesdays through 11:59 pm Saturday, EST. Just enter your info into the Linky List.

We only ask that you post teasers no longer than a paragraph. Anything longer than this will make it difficult for everyone to read and comment on your entry.

Have fun!





I groan a little too loudly. “Do we have to? I’ll see Cody and Thayer at the blood ball as eligible bachelors. I don’t need to see them before, too,” I whine.

Cody is very attractive with ear length,  blonde hair and stunning, hazel eyes. Any girl would be lucky to catch his attention. Too bad I’m not just any girl. I just don’t have interest in dating any of them. It’s nothing personal. Cody is a great catch, but more suited for someone like Jane. She is actually buying into this whole coming out thing.

Thayer, on the other hand, is just obnoxious. He always has been. He spent his younger years razzing all the girls until many of us threatened him within an inch of his life. That subdued him, but didn’t stop him altogether. He’s handsome enough with green eyes and shaggy, brown hair, but he’s still stuck with boyish looks instead of those of a mature, male vamp.

“Come on, Callie. It won’t hurt you to be polite for an hour before the ball. Cody and Thayer can’t be that bad. I know Thayer was a little wild in your earlier years, but I’ve heard he’s really grown up. This is a coming out party; you need to see the males. They also need to see you. Don’t hide like you usually do. I expect you to participate in this event."

“But, Mom,” I start.

“No buts this time. This is the rest of your life we’re talking about. If you don’t take control of it, then I will. You may be eighteen, but until you’re mated, you live by our rules. I don’t like blackmail, so don’t make me resort to that. This ball is about dancing and mingling. You are going to participate and have fun doing it. Am I making myself clear enough, young lady?” Mom asks sternly.

Defeated, I look down at the tiles on the floor. “Yes, ma’am, I will be on my best behavior. I’ll participate and act appropriately so I don’t embarrass you.”


Boy, Callie is not looking forward to this.  I can't say I blame her with Thayer there.  This is yet another teaser from my current release, Devour.  I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today!!






No comments:

Post a Comment