Saturday, April 6, 2013

Indie-Licious Blog Hop #8


We here at Indie-Licious love blog hops. We love them so much that we host one once a week on Sundays.

Sign ups are from 6:00 pm Tuesdays through 11:59 pm Saturday, EST. Just enter your info into the Linky List.

We only ask that you post teasers no longer than a paragraph. Anything longer than this will make it difficult for everyone to read and comment on your entry.

Have fun!





I can’t deny the way it felt when we touched or kissed. My stomach is fluttering like a million caged butterflies just thinking about it. The feeling when we kissed had a strange kind of intensity. It makes me wonder what it will feel like when I find my mate. Hopefully, it is way better.

In an attempt to forget him, I force myself up off the bed and rummage through my dresser drawers until I find an old tank and shorts to paint in. As nice as it would be to lie in bed, it is no way to spend my night.
I start by placing a new canvas on my easel and mixing my paints until there’s a variety of bold pinks, blues, purples and yellows. My desire right now is to create something intense and emotional. Driven by the blood high, I take a deep breath and the brush makes its first stroke on the canvas in a thick yellow line.

Impressionism is, by far, my favorite style of art. I love the brush strokes and how they bring the painting together to make a whole scene. It has always been a wish of mine to have been alive when impressionism was at its peak. 

Shaking off my musings, I refocus on my work. The song has changed and the melody washes over me. I begin to paint a scene with one stroke, and then another, until I have some semblance of an idea what I’m painting.

My creative side is always stronger during a blood high, so that’s when my painting is the best. Using a varying method of brush strokes, I’m rewarded with an amazing piece.

I’ve painted a little girl picking a daisy out of a never ending field of white daisies. Her face is so innocent. The sun is bright and the flowers are beautiful. Stepping back, I admire my work. Satisfied, I find an empty spot on my wall and hang it up amongst my other works of art. 


Sorry it was a little long this week!  I just wanted the whole scene!  Hope you enjoyed reading another snippet of Devour, which is out now!

 



3 comments:

  1. So blood highs create inspiration... I like the painting. It reads as a calm before a storm, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I know what it's like to get lost in the brush strokes, this sparked a desire to pull out my paints and a canvas. Too bad I have other things to do today :(

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great scene, it really put me in such a dreamlike state if that makes any sense. It was your description of how she painted. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete