Friday, March 22, 2013

Review of Love and Skate and How it Rolls by Lila Felix


Description:

On the rink she’s tough, she’s a leader, she’s fast and she’s the epitome of a rebellious girl. But Nellie’s been hurt, only once, but it was enough to make her look at life through different eyes and off the rink she’s a timid girl who loves with no pretenses.
A long time ago Owen Black was betrayed by the girl he thought he loved and the guy he called his best friend. The anguish set off a domino effect of negativity in his life and he never has fully recovered. He meets Nellie Forrester and thinks he can let it go for her.
But how can you love someone when the wounds from your past are still wide open?

Review:

 Let me start by saying that I'm not a big roller derby fan.  I've never even seen that Drew Barrymore movie about it.  I read Perchance by Lila before and loved it, so I decided to read this book.  I'm so glad I did.  It was such a cute new adult romance!
I loved Nellie and Owen.  Both of them had their own pasts and it turns out everyone needs something different to overcome them.  Nellie is tough on the outside, but is really seeking the same love and acceptance that we all are.  Owen has his own demons in his past, but also has the one thing Nellie envies-a loving family.
This was a fairly upbeat book for the most part.  It wasn't weighed down with gritty situations.  The story dealt with problems that are more common and relate-able.  In fact, I loved the characters so much that I cried whenever something bad would happen, which wasn't often.
I really loved this book as much as Perchance, if not more.  It was one of the first clean new adult books I have read and Lila did a fantastic job pulling it off.  This is a series you won't want to miss!  I give this book five glittery stars for knocking my socks off!





Description:

Despite the odds, Reed Wolfe is making it, by the skin of her teeth. Her dreams and aspirations will have to wait until she can get on her feet. Because right now she’s homeless and churning on a downward spiral.

Falcon Black is existing. Not living, not thriving, just jutting along a path. But when he finds Reed, he can’t resist the urge to help her, lighten her load. But Falcon tends to go overboard, over the line, crossing boundaries he never thought he would and risking her trust in the process.

Can she accept his love or will it end up smothering her?


Review:

After reading Love and Skate, I knew I had to immediately read How it Rolls.  It's not often that I love a contemporary romance series so much that I read the sequel.  I'm not always a fan of getting that new point of view.  This series was definitely an exception.
I LOVED this book!  I enjoyed it ten times more than Love and Skate if that's possible :)  Lila's writing is so smooth, the story just flows.  There aren't any lulls at all.  I couldn't stop reading this book.
The characters were the best in this chapter of the series.  You still have Nellie and Owen, who I adore.  Then you get to know a little more about the Black family.  
The superstars of course, were Reed and Falcon.  They were richly created characters that you couldn't help but love.  I'm in lust with the Black boys, I think.  They are just the greatest guys.  I admired Reed so much.  She was inspiring.
This was a story with so much heart.  I recommend you run out and get this series like A.S.A.P.!  This new adult contemporary romance series is a must read.  Book three, Down 'N' Derby, is about Maddox and I can't wait to see what the third Black brother has in store for us.  This is a five glittery star read for all those suckers who love a great romance.




Goodreads page for Lila Felix 


No comments:

Post a Comment