Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review of Devour by Megan Duncan



Description:

You never know how strong you are until something makes you choose between humanity, and the beast.

As Claire descended deep into the ancient tomb; laying to rest the bodies of the fallen, she wondered if time healed all wounds, would an eternity be long enough? Still recovering from a brutal attack that nearly killed her, she refused to let evil win. Pain and destruction glared at her everywhere she went. Nothing and no one would ever be safe until Baal was not only defeated, but destroyed. Fueled by her thirst for revenge, she traveled with her father to the ‘old world’, seeking the aide of a long forgotten ally. Will their quest for help lead to their salvation, or is it only the first step in their annihilation?

Review:

Finally!!!  I was so stoked to get to read this book.  I impatiently waited and think I even told Megan to write faster :)  I had to know what happened after Indulge.  The first two books in this series, Savor and Indulge were great and this book didn't let me down.
I love Claire.  She's always there to try and save the people she loves.  She's has a strong personality and is a firecracker.  Then there's Arrick....mmmm...how perfect is he?  I would be the luckiest girl in the world if I was Claire.  I like how protective he is of Claire, yet respects the heck out of her.
This book didn't include Robin as much, but Claire got to explore her friendship with Liz more.  I liked that they brought her into the fold.  She was just what the book needed as far as characters went.  
Baal?  Ugh, she did a great job making him the villian.  The way she wrote him, I wanted to reach into the pages and strangle him.  Then there is Ana.  I hope there is a fourth book, because I want to see more of what Ana is up to.  I wasn't a fan of Titan or Ronon so that kind of killed some of the books excitement for me personally. 
Overall, this was an awesome book.  If you have read the other two books in the series, you wont be dissapointed in this addition to the series.  Hold on to your hats everyone, because this one was a wild ride!  It was a fantasticYA paranormal romance and I give it four glittery stars!! 





Visit Megan:

On her blog 


Other books by Megan:



No comments:

Post a Comment