Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review of Dead Radiance by T.G. Ayers



















 

Description:

That day I knew for sure. I'd lost control of my tears then. They fell in huge, mocking drops. I stared at Joshua through those bitter tears, my heart missing beats as I tried to remember to breathe.

I finally knew what the glow meant.

I was a freak and Joshua was going to die.


Bryn Halbrook had always seen the glow. But it is only when her best friend dies that she discovers the meaning of those beautiful golden auras — Death. Alone, lost in the foster system, she struggles to understand who she is and why she was cursed with the ability to see the soon-to-be-dead.

The new foster kid, Aidan, isn’t helping any. Mr. Perfect seems to fit in no matter what, making her feel even more pathetic. But when his affections turn to her, Bryn finds him hard to resist. Impossible actually. A mystery himself, Aidan disappears, leaving behind a broken heart and a mysterious book that suggests Bryn might not be entirely human.

Bryn stands at the threshold of a journey of discovery. Will destiny help her find herself, find her purpose and her place in a world in which she’d never belonged?


Review:

I have not read much on Norse Mythology, but I really enjoyed this read.  The author did a good job of explaining the back stories to the myths as the characters are woven in.

I really liked the Main Character, Bryn.  She suffers so much and endures the tragedy with a chip on her shoulder just like anyone would.  She finally starts to come out of her shell around Aidan.  Her journey of self discovery leads her down a path of personal growth.  She really blossoms as the story progresses.

Aiden was another character that surprised me, as well as Ms. Custer.  I very much admired their positions in Bryn's story.  This story was heavy on the mythology but also stayed grounded to the here and now.  I liked that suddel switch mid story.  It almost felt like a different book.

This was a solid debut for T.G. Ayers.  I liked the book and can't wait to review the sequel, Dead Embers.  I highly recommend this read to mythology lovers of characters such as Odin, Thor, Fenrir and Loki. I give this engrossing read four glittery stars!

Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment