Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review of That Wedding by Jillian Dodd


Description:

I know he's that boy. The boy I want to marry, my prince, my happily ever after. I feel like I'm living in a dreamy fairytale.

But then, Pastor starts asking questions I don’t know the answers to.
I have horrible wedding disaster dreams.
I can’t find a dress.
I have to manipulate him to get my way.
An old boyfriend asks me to run away and marry him.
My best friend tells me I'm going to ruin everything.
And forever is starting to sound like a really long time.

Which makes me start to wonder.

I wonder if best friends should get married.
I wonder if I'm settling.
I wonder if the fact that sex with him is so amazing that it’s clouding my judgment.
I wonder if it's just cold feet.
I wonder if marriage is all that fun.

And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or should I say, What the hell, and marry him anyway?

 
Review:

I loved, loved, loved this book.  Not enough ranting in the world would cover how great I thought That Wedding was.  Jillian Dodd did an amazing job with this sequel to That Boy.

Jayden "JJ" Reynolds is such a fun character.  I love her personality and relate-ability.   She is just an eccentric girl next door way in over her head.  She suddenly finds herself engaged to her best friend, already with a life of memories together.
That Wedding takes Phillip and Jayden from friends to lovers, with all the baggage only two best friends can carry. 
The book was romantic and I enjoyed the fact that it started with a happy beginning and ended in a similar fashion.  This story just takes you on a journey of an overwhelmed bride just trying to stay afloat in a sea of wedding obsession and the onslaught of life.
I really don't have much more to say except to run, don't walk, out to get this series by Jillian Dodd.  That Boy is book one and That Wedding is book two in this great contemporary romance series.

Buy it here on Amazon
Buy it here at B&N



No comments:

Post a Comment